Sunday, December 12, 2010

SoHo

I listen to Sarah sing
but what does she know?
All those words bent around
a voice made in heaven.

Then Tracy sings
and you know that she has been there
where ever there is.
She has felt it alright.

and I'm in SoHo -
the tides are out.
There was no sun today
just lighter billeted gray.

The strangest thing -
me to think of you,
here of all places. . .
and I can't wait for the failing light
 - the streetlight sunshine.

This mist will turn to rain
or maybe the other way around
and I'll keep looking - (for something)
that doesn't remind me of you.

It feels like a world
without an ocean
 - like I could wish it all away
but it still rolls back with the tides.

I'll leave you here in SoHo
I've got somewhere else to go
Find a moments rest
until I remember your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment