Saturday, January 1, 2011

Love's Disguise

Have I covered this before?
Visions joyous and yet. . .
Will I forever more
reflect on my heart?

Am I still obsessed?
. . . or has that label worn off?
I dream - yearn
to leave the past it's own.

Was it infatuation,
lust or enchantment
that drew me close to you?
Would it still. . . if that were true?

Maybe the thrill,
flirtation and intrigue;
an alluring liaison
hidden from view.

Consumed with desire;
seduced by yearning
. . . bewitched,
a simple charming.

That you are captivating;
my fascination found.
Locked in adoration;
desire bound.

Where was the mistake?
What line was crossed?
Where delight flourishes
passion is never lost.

Did you get too close?
Fascination gave in to affection.
You began to cherish love;
yearn for adulation.

The attraction proved too much.
One sided admiration;
bold exaltation
for an unpretentious angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment